Can't bring your classroom to the Zoo? Then, let us bring the Zoo to you!
Please Note: The Zoo recently updated travel distance for animal specific programs to up to one hour away from the Zoo and modified offerings to better meet the needs of our ambassador animals and ensure the best possible experience for program participants. Please review available programs below prior to submitting your request. We appreciate your understanding!
Working on a class project, interested in learning about careers in Zoos, or conservation projects you can participate in? This program gives you time with one of our Zoo experts on a topic of your choice and does not include animal ambassadors.
- Program length: up to 30 minutes
- Price: $30
Biofact Lab –NEW!
Designed to be interactive and hands-on with bones, pelts, and other animal artifacts, students will use scientific tools and data collection to learn about native Arkansas species. This offering is well catered to elementary and middle school audiences, but can be scaled appropriately for other groups.
- Program length: 45-60 minutes
- Price: $75
Extension—looking for a multi-session option? Ask about our biofact lab series which includes materials for teacher-led discussion and pre-visit activities, and two visits facilitated by one of our experienced educators.
Designed for a more intimate setting and closer look at the animals, creature feature programs can accommodate up to 36 individuals in a seated space. We require a minimum ratio of one adult to every five children to assure educational effectiveness, safety, and fun!
Please note that specific animals cannot be requested for creature feature programs. Animals are chosen at the discretion of keeper staff for their welfare and wellbeing.
- Program Length: 30 -45 minutes (up to 3 live animal ambassadors)
- Price: $150
Meet and Greet
Having a school fair or other large event? A meet and greet might be the package you’re looking for. Our meet and greet sessions are ideal for functions where people will be moving around rather than sitting classroom or audience style. This package includes up to four (4) live animal ambassadors for a one hour program and up to six (6) live animal ambassadors for a two hour program, with table activities. The handlers can remain stationary and let guests stop to meet the animals as they stroll past or the handlers are able to move around with some of the animal ambassadors.
- Program length: up to 2 hours
- Up to 4 animals for a one hour program; up to 6 animals for a two hour program
- Price: $350 for one hour, $535 for two hours
For programs longer than one hour, animal ambassadors will be rotated, with two animals out at any given time, to allow an appropriate rest/break period for each animal.
Please note there is no maximum capacity for Meet and Greet programs, however some space and location restrictions apply. Contact us for more details.
Activity Station for Community/Special Events –NEW!
Whether you are hosting a back to school bash or fall family festival, the Zoo’s got you covered! Stations can be designed to include a mix of biofacts, citizen science activities, nature exploration and sensory play. For young adults and professional audiences, materials included can be more career and global conservation focused. This option does not include ambassador animals. A Meet and Greet add-on may be requested for an additional charge, based upon availability.
- Half Day: up to 4 hours –$225
- Full Day: up to 8 hours –$400
There is a limit of two consecutive programs delivered per day at any one institution. A fee of $50 will be charged for programs or events scheduled after 5pm. If two or more types of programs (such as a classroom program and an assembly program) are booked at the same institution for the same day - each program will be booked as a distinct program and the coinciding rate applied to each.
There is a charge for mileage which is calculated during registration. Mileage is based off of which county your institution or venue resides in.
Due to the welfare of our live animal ambassadors, the Little Rock Zoo can accommodate in-person outreach requests for locations within an hour driving distance of the Zoo. The Zoo cannot currently accommodate any requests received outside of that range.
The Little Rock Zoo does not offer outreach programming at a personal residence or for the purpose of birthday parties. For on-site birthday party options please check out our website.
Excluding cancellations made by the Little Rock Zoo, no refunds are given for cancellations that occur less than 14 days prior to the program. For cancellations made 14 or more days prior to the program, an 80% refund will be given. A 10% administrative fee will be charged for each case of changes made to a program following the confirmation of scheduling but prior to the start of the program. If a person/group does not attend their scheduled program, they will not receive a refund. Any programs that are not attended may not be rescheduled, but will instead need to be purchased and scheduled as a new program if desired.
The Little Rock Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program for any reason including unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions or animal/personnel issues. In the event that the Little Rock Zoo cancels a program and is unable to reschedule, a full refund will be given.
For your programs, select from the following topics:
- Conservation Connection:
- Animals need our help now more than ever. Learn about how animals become endangered and some ways we can work together to reduce our human impacts and protect their habitats. Groups will also learn about conservation success stories and how Zoos have brought species back from the brink!
- Habitats and Ecosystems
- Explore the many relationships between plants, animals, and their habitats. All life in inter-connected and groups will learn how different environmental and human factors impact ecosystems over time.
- Meet the Locals:
- Get an up close and personal opportunity to meet some of Arkansas’ local animal residents and learn about their very important jobs. From herbivores to scavengers, our local animals all play a very important role in the environment.
- Mystery Safari:
- Travel down a path of adventure as the Zoo chooses what you will see and discover. The mysterious catch… you'll find out about the animals involved on the day of the program! This option is perfect for those that want to have fun learning and are not tied into a specific topic or certain learning standards.
- Wild Behavior
- Animals have specific behaviors that help them survive in habitats all over the world. Learn about how they use their unique behaviors and even how zookeepers utilize wild behaviors to keep the animals at the Zoo healthy.
Questions? Email EdPrograms@littlerock.gov or call 501-661-7204.
The Wildest Value in Town!
Memberships support the Zoo's efforts to promote conservation and education. It is the perfect way to benefit humans and animals, alike!
1 Zoo Drive
Little Rock, AR 72205
Hours of Operation
9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last admission 3:30 p.m.
Zoo grounds close at 4:00 pm
Sign up to stay up-to-date on the latest zoo news, upcoming events and deals.